تاريخ O-6 SS-67 - التاريخ

تاريخ O-6 SS-67 - التاريخ

0-6
(SS-67: dp. 520.6 (تصفح ، n.) ، 629 (متقدم) ؛ 1. 172'4 "، ب. 18 '~" ؛ د. 14'5 "؛ ق. 14 ك (تصفح. ) ، 10.5 ك (مقدم) ؛ cpl. 29 ؛ a. 1 3 "، 4 18" tt. ؛ cl. 0-1).

تم وضع O-6 في 6 ديسمبر 1916 بواسطة شركة فور ريفر شيم للبناء ، كوينسي ، ماساتشوستس ؛ تم إطلاقه في 25 نوفمبر 1917 ؛ برعاية السيدة كارول ك. رايت ؛ وتم تكليفه في بوسطن 12 يونيو 1918 ، الملازم سي كيو رايت الابن ، في القيادة.

خلال الأشهر الأخيرة من الحرب العالمية الأولى ، عملت O 6 من فيلادلفيا في دورية ساحلية ضد غواصات U ، مبحرة من كيب كود إلى كي ويست. أطلق تاجر بريطاني 6 طلقات على o-6 في 14 يوليو 1918 ، لكنه لم يسبب ضررًا ملموسًا. في 2 نوفمبر ، غادر القارب نيوبورت في وحدة مكونة من 20 فرعاً متجهة للخدمة في المياه الأوروبية ، ومع ذلك ، تم توقيع الهدنة قبل وصول السفن إلى جزر الأزور ، وعادوا إلى الولايات المتحدة.

بعد الحرب ، أوت! أطالت حياتها المهنية البحرية من خلال العمل كسفينة تدريب من نيو لندن. أعيد تصنيفها إلى غواصة من الخط الثاني في 25 يوليو 1924 أثناء تواجدها في كوكو سولو ، C.Z. ، عادت إلى الدرجة الأولى في 6 يونيو 1928 واستمرت في نيو لندن حتى فبراير 1929 ، عندما تبخرت إلى فيلادلفيا ، لتخرج من الخدمة هناك في 9 يونيو 1931.

أثبتت الغواصات أنها سلاح رئيسي في الحرب العالمية الأولى. مع اقتراب مشاركة الولايات المتحدة في الحرب العالمية الثانية ، تم أخذ الغواصات القديمة من كرات النفتالين واستعدت لتجديد أنشطة التدريب. تم تكليفه في فيلادلفيا في 4 فبراير 1941 ثم عاد إلى نيو لندن لتدريب الطلاب في المدرسة الثانوية. في 19 يونيو 1941 ، قام O ~ بإجراء تجربة تشغيلية إلى بورتسموث ، نيو هامبشاير ، في اليوم التالي سقط O-9 على بعد 15 ميلاً من بورتسموث. انضم O ~ إلى 0-10 ، Triton ، وأوعية أخرى في البحث عن الغواصة المفقودة ، ولكن دون جدوى.

بقيت في منطقة بورتسموث ، خرجت من الخدمة هناك في 11 سبتمبر 1945 ، وضُربت من سجل البحرية في نفس اليوم ، وتم بيعها لشركة جون ج.


الفلاش باك في التاريخ البحري: انفجار SS Mont Blanc في هاليفاكس 6 ديسمبر 1917 (فيديو)

(www.MaritimeCyprus.com) حدث انفجار هاليفاكس عندما اصطدمت سفينتان في أضيق جزء من ميناء هاليفاكس في صباح يوم الخميس 6 ديسمبر 1917. SS الجبل الاسود، كانت سفينة فرنسية قادمة من مدينة نيويورك مليئة بالمتفجرات والذخيرة العسكرية من نيويورك إلى فرنسا للحرب العالمية الأولى في أوروبا. بالإضافة إلى 2925 طنًا من المتفجرات الموجودة بحوزتها ، حملت على ظهر السفينة براميل من البنزول وحمض البيكريك شديدة الاشتعال. غير قادر على السفر بقافلته المجدولة عبر المحيط الأطلسي ، Mont بلانك ذهبت إلى هاليفاكس حتى تتمكن من السفر مع مجموعة جديدة.

وصلت في الليلة السابقة وكان عليها الانتظار خارج الشبكة المضادة للغواصات التي تحمي المرفأ. عند الفجر ، بدأت تتحرك إلى الميناء. عادةً ما ترفع سفينة الذخيرة علمًا أحمر لتحذير الآخرين من الشحنة الخطرة ، ولكن الجبل الاسود لم ترفع علم التحذير.

أعلى اليسار: إس إس مونت بلانك. أسفل اليسار: SS Imo جنحت. على اليمين: بعد ثوان من الانفجار.

وفي الوقت نفسه ، فإن SS إيموبدأت سفينة نرويجية تحمل إمدادات إغاثة بلجيكية كانت محتجزة في الميناء لعدة أيام بالتحرك أسفل الميناء باتجاه المحيط الأطلسي. ال إيموكان قبطان السفينة غاضبًا لأنه تأخر في ذلك ، لذا فقد أبحر بدون إذن ربان الميناء.

كانت السفينتان تناوران للحصول على موقع حيث التقيا في المضيق بين هاليفاكس على الشاطئ الجنوبي ودارتماوث على الشاطئ الشمالي. في البداية ، إيمو رفض إعطاء الأولوية. بمجرد أن تبدأ في الخروج من الجبل الاسودلم يكن بإمكانه التحرك بالسرعة الكافية لتجنب الاصطدام.

هاليفاكس ، بعد الانفجار

تحطمت البراميل الموجودة على سطح السفينة بفعل التأثير ، وأدت شرارات من معدن الكشط إلى إشعال البنزين الذي انسكب عبر السطح. ال الجبل الاسودأدرك القبطان الخطر الرهيب لهذه الحرائق وترك السفينة ، مجدفًا مع الطاقم إلى شاطئ دارتموث. التالفة والحرق الجبل الاسود انجرفت إلى الشاطئ في منطقة رصيف ميناء هاليفاكس المكتظة بالسكان.

تجمعت الحشود على الشاطئ وعند النوافذ لمشاهدة السفينة المحترقة وهي تندفع. بدأت براميل البنزول تنفجر في الهواء مثل الألعاب النارية. تجمع المزيد من الناس للمشاهدة. بعد حوالي 20 دقيقة من الاصطدام - في الساعة 9:04 صباحًا - أشعلت النيران 2925 طنًا من الذخيرة في الجبل الاسود وانفجرت السفينة.

جزء من الثانية - هذه هي مدة الانفجار الذي فجر مونت بلانك وتسبب في مثل هذا الضرر الهائل في ميناء هاليفاكس. وتشير التقديرات إلى أن درجة الحرارة في مركز الانفجار وصلت إلى 5000 درجة مئوية ، مما أدى إلى تبخير المياه المحيطة بالسفينة على الفور. والمثير للدهشة أن التأثير حطم النوافذ على بعد أكثر من 80 كيلومترًا. نجا الطاقم بأكمله ، باستثناء شخص واحد قتل بسبب الحطام المتساقط. على الرغم من ذلك ، كان الانفجار قوياً لدرجة أنه دمر أجزاء كبيرة من المباني والمنازل المجاورة ، مما أسفر عن مقتل ما يقرب من 2000 من السكان في هاليفاكس ودارتماوث.

شاهد الفيديو الوثائقي ذي الصلة أدناه:


6.7L حقائق صلبة

إنتاج: 2011 إلى الوقت الحاضر Valvetrain: OHV ، أربعة صمامات ، أربعة رافعات متأرجحة وأربعة أذرع دفع لكل أسطوانة ، وكاميرا واحدة ، ورافعات أسطوانية
تجويف: 3.90 بوصة نظام الحقن: سكة مشتركة عالية الضغط ، حقن مباشر
السكتة الدماغية: 4.25 بوصة الحاقنات: قضيب مشترك كهربائي انضغاطي عالي الضغط من Bosch
الإزاحة: 406 سي مضخة حقن: مضخة وقود الضغط العالي من بوش CP4.2
نسبة الضغط: 16.2:1 شاحن توربيني: هندسة متغيرة Garrett GT32 SST ('11-'14) ، VGT Garrett GT37 ('15 -current)
حاجز: حديد الجرافيت المضغوط ذو التنورة العميقة (CGI) المبرد: هواء إلى ماء
قضبان: مسحوق المعدن الانبعاثات: إعادة تدوير غاز العادم (EGR) ، محفز أكسدة الديزل (DOC) ، مرشح جسيمات الديزل (DPF) ، الاختزال الحفزي الانتقائي (SCR)
المكابس: الألمنيوم المصبوب قوة حصان: 390hp عند 2800 دورة في الدقيقة (الإصدار الأولي) ، 400 حصان عند 2800 دورة في الدقيقة (H.
رؤساء: ألمنيوم مصبوب ، تدفق عكسي بستة براغي برأس 12 مم لكل أسطوانة (مع مشاركة) عزم الدوران: 735 رطل-قدم عند 1600 دورة في الدقيقة (الإصدار الأولي) ، 800 رطل-قدم عند 1600 دورة في الدقيقة (HO reflash '11 -'14) ، 860 رطل-قدم عند 1600 دورة في الدقيقة ('15 -16) ، 925 رطل-قدم عند 1،800 دورة في الدقيقة (17) ، 935 رطل-قدم عند 1800 دورة في الدقيقة (18-تيار)

معسكر اعتقال داخاو: التاريخ ونظرة عامة

تأسس معسكر اعتقال داخاو في مارس 1933 ، وكان أول معسكر اعتقال عادي أنشأه النازيون في ألمانيا. كان المعسكر يقع على أرض مصنع ذخيرة مهجور بالقرب من بلدة داخاو التي تعود للقرون الوسطى ، على بعد حوالي 10 أميال شمال غرب ميونيخ في ولاية بافاريا ، التي تقع في جنوب ألمانيا. وصف هاينريش هيملر ، بصفته رئيس شرطة ميونيخ ، المعسكر رسميًا بأنه & ldquothe أول معسكر اعتقال للسجناء السياسيين. & rdquo

خدم داخاو كنموذج أولي ونموذج لمعسكرات الاعتقال النازية الأخرى التي تلت ذلك. قام كوماندانت ثيودور إيكي بتطوير التنظيم الأساسي وتخطيط المخيم بالإضافة إلى خطة المباني وتم تطبيقها على جميع المعسكرات اللاحقة. كان لديه معسكر منفصل آمن بالقرب من مركز القيادة ، والذي يتكون من أماكن المعيشة والإدارة ومعسكرات الجيش. أصبح إيكي نفسه كبير المفتشين لجميع معسكرات الاعتقال ، وكان مسؤولاً عن تشكيل المعسكرات الأخرى وفقًا لنموذجه.

خلال السنة الأولى ، احتجز المعسكر حوالي 4800 سجين وبحلول عام 1937 ارتفع العدد إلى 13260. في البداية ، كان المعتقلون يتألفون بشكل أساسي من الشيوعيين الألمان والاشتراكيين الديمقراطيين وغيرهم من المعارضين السياسيين للنظام النازي. بمرور الوقت ، تم أيضًا اعتقال مجموعات أخرى في داخاو مثل شهود يهوه ورسكووس وروما (الغجر) والمثليين جنسيًا وكذلك المجرمين المتكررين. خلال السنوات الأولى ، تم اعتقال عدد قليل نسبيًا من اليهود في داخاو وعادةً لأنهم ينتمون إلى إحدى المجموعات المذكورة أعلاه أو أنهم أكملوا عقوبات السجن بعد إدانتهم بانتهاك قوانين نورمبرغ لعام 1935.


البوابة الرئيسية المؤدية إلى معسكر اعتقال داخاو

في أوائل عام 1937 ، بدأت قوات الأمن الخاصة ، باستخدام عمالة السجناء ، في بناء مجمع كبير من المباني على أراضي المعسكر الأصلي. أُجبر السجناء على القيام بهذا العمل ، بدءًا من تدمير معمل الذخيرة القديم ، في ظل ظروف مروعة. تم الانتهاء من البناء رسميًا في منتصف أغسطس 1938 وظل المعسكر دون تغيير جوهريًا حتى عام 1945. وهكذا ظل داخاو يعمل طوال فترة الرايخ الثالث. تضمنت المنطقة في داخاو منشآت SS أخرى بجانب معسكر الاعتقال ومدرسة قائد مدشا للخدمة الاقتصادية والمدنية ، وكلية الطب التابعة لقوات الأمن الخاصة ، وما إلى ذلك. نصف مساحة المجمع بأكمله.

ارتفع عدد السجناء اليهود في داخاو مع تزايد اضطهاد اليهود وفي 10-11 نوفمبر 1938 ، في أعقاب ليلة الكريستال، تم اعتقال أكثر من 10000 رجل يهودي هناك. (تم إطلاق سراح معظم الرجال في هذه المجموعة بعد احتجازهم من بضعة أسابيع إلى بضعة أشهر).

كان معسكر داخاو مركزًا تدريبًا لحراس معسكرات الاعتقال التابعة لقوات الأمن الخاصة ، وأصبحت منظمة المعسكر و rsquos والروتين النموذجي لجميع معسكرات الاعتقال النازية. تم تقسيم المعسكر إلى قسمين و [مدش] منطقة المعسكر ومنطقة المحارق. تتألف منطقة المخيم من 32 ثكنة ، بما في ذلك واحدة لرجال الدين المسجونين لمعارضتهم النظام النازي وواحدة مخصصة للتجارب الطبية. كانت إدارة المخيم موجودة في بوابة الحراسة عند المدخل الرئيسي. كانت منطقة المخيم تضم مجموعة من المباني المساندة ، تحتوي على مطبخ ، ومغسلة ، ودشات ، وورش عمل ، بالإضافة إلى مبنى سجن (بنكر). تم استخدام الفناء بين السجن والمطبخ المركزي لإعدام السجناء بإجراءات موجزة. يحيط بالمخيم سياج مكهرب من الأسلاك الشائكة وخندق وجدار بسبعة أبراج حراسة.

في عام 1942 ، تم تشييد منطقة محرقة الجثث بجوار المعسكر الرئيسي. تضمنت المحرقة القديمة والمحرقة الجديدة (Barrack X) مع غرفة الغاز. لا يوجد دليل موثوق على أن غرفة الغاز في Barrack X كانت تستخدم لقتل البشر. وبدلاً من ذلك ، خضع السجناء للاختيار & rdquo أولئك الذين حُكم عليهم بأنهم مرضى أو ضعفاء لدرجة أنهم لا يستطيعون مواصلة العمل ، تم إرسالهم إلى مركز القتل في Hartheim & ldquoeuthanasia & rdquo بالقرب من لينز ، النمسا. قُتل عدة آلاف من سجناء داخاو في هارثيم. علاوة على ذلك ، استخدمت قوات الأمن الخاصة ميدان الرماية والمشنقة في منطقة محارق الجثث كمواقع لقتل السجناء.

في داخاو ، كما هو الحال في المعسكرات النازية الأخرى ، أجرى الأطباء الألمان تجارب طبية على السجناء ، بما في ذلك تجارب على ارتفاعات عالية باستخدام غرفة تخفيف الضغط ، وتجارب الملاريا والسل ، وتجارب انخفاض حرارة الجسم ، وتجارب اختبار الأدوية الجديدة. كما أُجبر السجناء على اختبار طرق لجعل مياه البحر صالحة للشرب ووقف النزيف المفرط. مات المئات من السجناء أو أصيبوا بالشلل الدائم نتيجة لهذه التجارب.

كما تم تعذيب السجناء بطرق أخرى. على سبيل المثال ، كان السجناء يعلقون على شجرة وأذرعهم معلقة خلفهم لزيادة الألم. كما هو الحال في المعسكرات الأخرى ، أُجبر السجناء على الوقوف لفترات طويلة أثناء إجراء نداء على الأسماء. ستعزف أوركسترا المعسكر وكانت قوات الأمن الخاصة أحيانًا تجعل السجناء يغنون.

تم استخدام سجناء داخاو كعمال قسريين. في البداية ، عملوا في إدارة المخيم ، وفي مشاريع إنشائية مختلفة ، وفي الصناعات اليدوية الصغيرة التي أقيمت في المخيم. قام السجناء ببناء الطرق والعمل في حفر الحصى وتجفيف الأهوار. خلال الحرب ، أصبح العمل الجبري الذي يستخدم سجناء محتشدات الاعتقال ذا أهمية متزايدة لإنتاج الأسلحة الألمانية.

كان داخاو أيضًا بمثابة المعسكر المركزي للسجناء الدينيين المسيحيين. وفقًا لسجلات الكنيسة الرومانية الكاثوليكية ، تم سجن ما لا يقل عن 3000 من الرهبان والشمامسة والكهنة والأساقفة هناك.

في أغسطس 1944 ، تم افتتاح معسكر للنساء و rsquos داخل داخاو. جاءت الشحنة الأولى من النساء من أوشفيتز بيركيناو. خدمت 19 حارسة فقط في داخاو ، معظمهن حتى التحرير.


ثكنة السجين في داخاو عام 1945

في الأشهر الأخيرة من الحرب ، ساءت الظروف في داخاو. مع تقدم قوات الحلفاء نحو ألمانيا ، بدأ الألمان في نقل السجناء في معسكرات الاعتقال بالقرب من الجبهة إلى معسكرات أكثر مركزية. كانوا يأملون في منع إطلاق سراح أعداد كبيرة من السجناء. وصلت وسائل النقل من المخيمات التي تم إخلاؤها بشكل مستمر إلى داخاو. بعد أيام من السفر مع القليل من الطعام أو الماء أو بدون طعام ، وصل السجناء ضعيفين ومرهقين ، وغالبًا ما كانوا على وشك الموت. أصبحت أوبئة التيفوس مشكلة خطيرة نتيجة الاكتظاظ ، وسوء الظروف الصحية ، وعدم كفاية المؤن ، وضعف حالة السجناء.

بسبب عمليات النقل الجديدة المستمرة من الجبهة ، كان المخيم مكتظًا باستمرار وكانت ظروف النظافة أقل من كرامة الإنسان. بدءًا من نهاية عام 1944 حتى يوم التحرير ، توفي 15000 شخصًا ، حوالي نصف جميع الضحايا في KZ Dachau. تم إعدام خمسمائة أسير سوفيتي رميا بالرصاص.

في صيف وخريف عام 1944 ، لزيادة إنتاج الحرب ، تم إنشاء معسكرات تابعة لإدارة داخاو بالقرب من مصانع الأسلحة في جميع أنحاء جنوب ألمانيا. كان لدى داخاو وحده أكثر من 30 معسكرًا فرعيًا كبيرًا يعمل فيه أكثر من 30000 سجين بشكل حصري تقريبًا على التسلح. عمل آلاف السجناء حتى الموت.

قادة داخاو

  • SS-Standartenf & uumlhrer Hilmar W & aumlckerle (22/03/1933 - 26/06/1933)
  • SS-Gruppenf & Uumlhrer Theodor Eicke (06/26/1933 - 04/07/1934)
  • SS-Oberf & Uumlhrer Alexander Reiner (04/07/1934 - 22/10/1934)
  • SS-Brigadef & Uumlhrer Berthold Maack (22/10/1934 - 01/12/1934)
  • SS-Oberf & Uumlhrer Heinrich Deubel (01/12/1934 - 31/03/1936)
  • SS-Oberf & uumlhrer Hans Loritz (31/03/1936 - 01/07/1939)
  • SS-Hauptsturmf & Uumlhrer Alex Piorkowski (01/07/1939 - 01/02/1942)
  • SS-Obersturmbannf & uumlhrer Martin Weiss (01/03/1942 - 30/09/1943)
  • SS-Hauptsturmf & Uumlhrer Wilhelm Weiter (30/09/1943 - 26/04/1945)
  • SS-Obersturmbannf & uumlhrer Martin Weiss (26/04/1945 - 28/04/1945)
  • SS-Untersturmf & uumlhrer يوهانس أوتو (28/04/1945 - 28/04/1945)
  • SS-Sturmscharf & uumlhrer Heinrich Wicker (28/04/1945 - 29/04/1945)

تحرير داخاو

مع تقدم قوات الحلفاء نحو ألمانيا ، بدأ الألمان في نقل المزيد من السجناء من معسكرات الاعتقال بالقرب من الجبهة لمنع تحرير أعداد كبيرة من السجناء. وصلت وسائل النقل من المخيمات التي تم إخلاؤها بشكل مستمر إلى داخاو ، مما أدى إلى تدهور كبير في الظروف. بعد أيام من السفر ، بقليل من الطعام أو الماء ، وصل السجناء ضعيفين ومرهقين ، على وشك الموت. أصبحت أوبئة التيفوس مشكلة خطيرة بسبب الاكتظاظ وسوء الظروف الصحية وضعف حالة السجناء.

في 26 أبريل 1945 ، مع اقتراب القوات الأمريكية ، كان هناك 67665 سجينًا مسجلاً في داخاو ومخيماتها الفرعية. ومن بين هؤلاء ، تم تصنيف 43350 سجناء سياسيين ، بينما كان 22100 من اليهود ، والباقي في فئات أخرى مختلفة. ابتداءً من ذلك اليوم ، أجبر الألمان أكثر من 7000 سجين ، معظمهم من اليهود ، على مسيرة الموت من داخاو إلى تيغرنسي في أقصى الجنوب. خلال مسيرة الموت ، أطلق الألمان النار على أي شخص لم يعد قادرًا على الاستمرار ، كما مات الكثيرون من الجوع أو البرد أو الإرهاق.

في 29 أبريل 1945 ، تم تسليم KZ Dachau للجيش الأمريكي من قبل SS-Sturmscharf & uumlhrer Heinrich Wicker. يظهر وصف حي للاستسلام في العميد. الجنرال Henning Linden & rsquos official & ldquoReport on Render of Dachau Concentration Camp & rdquo:

بينما كنا نتحرك على طول الجانب الغربي من معسكر الاعتقال واقتربنا من الركن الجنوبي الغربي ، اقترب ثلاثة أشخاص على طول الطريق تحت علم الهدنة. التقينا بهؤلاء الأشخاص على بعد 75 ياردة شمال المدخل الجنوبي الغربي للمخيم. كان هؤلاء الأشخاص الثلاثة ممثلًا للصليب الأحمر السويسري واثنين من جنود القوات الخاصة الذين قالوا إنهم كانوا قائد المعسكر ومساعد قائد المعسكر وأنهم جاءوا إلى المعسكر في ليلة 28 لتولي المهمة من أفراد المعسكر العاديين لغرض تسليم المخيم للأميركيين المتقدمين. عمل ممثل الصليب الأحمر السويسري كمترجم وذكر أن هناك حوالي 100 من حراس قوات الأمن الخاصة في المخيم مكدسة أذرعهم باستثناء الأشخاص الموجودين في البرج. قال إنه أعطى تعليمات بأنه لن يكون هناك إطلاق نار وسيستغرق الأمر حوالي 50 رجلاً لتخفيف الحراس ، حيث كان هناك 42000 أسير حرب نصف مجنون في المعسكر ، العديد منهم مصاب بالتيفوس. سألني عما إذا كنت ضابطا في الجيش الأمريكي ، فأجبته ، "نعم ، أنا مساعد قائد الفرقة للفرقة 42 د وسأقبل استسلام المعسكر باسم فرقة قوس قزح للجيش الأمريكي."


سجناء محتشد داخاو المحررين يهتفون القوات الأمريكية

عندما اقتربوا من المخيم ، وجدوا أكثر من 30 عربة سكة حديد مليئة بالجثث تم إحضارها إلى داخاو ، وكلها في حالة متطورة من التحلل. في أوائل مايو 1945 ، حررت القوات الأمريكية السجناء الذين أرسلوا في مسيرة الموت.

أصدر الجنرال دوايت د. أيزنهاور بيانًا بشأن الاستيلاء على معسكر اعتقال داخاو: & ldquo حررت قواتنا وتطهيرها من معسكر الاعتقال سيئ السمعة في داخاو. تم تحرير ما يقرب من 32000 سجين ، وتم تحييد 300 من حراس معسكرات الأمن الخاصة بسرعة. & rdquo

لوح في المعسكر يخلد ذكرى تحرير داخاو من قبل فرقة المشاة 42 التابعة للجيش الأمريكي السابع في 29 أبريل 1945. ويزعم آخرون أن القوات الأولى التي دخلت المعسكر الرئيسي كانت كتيبة من فوج المشاة 157 من فرقة المشاة 45 التي كان يقودها بواسطة فيليكس ل. سباركس. هناك خلاف مستمر حول أي فرقة ، 42 أو 45 ، قامت بالفعل بتحرير داخاو لأنهم على ما يبدو قد اقتربوا من طرق مختلفة ومن خلال تعريف الجيش الأمريكي و rsquos ، كان أي شخص يصل إلى مثل هذا المعسكر في غضون 48 ساعة محررًا. زار الجنرال باتون محتشد بوخنفالد بعد تحريره ، لكن ليس داخاو.

وجد الأمريكيون ما يقرب من 32000 سجين ، محشورين بـ 1600 في كل من 20 ثكنة ، والتي تم تصميمها لإيواء 250 شخصًا لكل منها.

تجاوز عدد السجناء المحتجزين في داخاو بين عامي 1933 و 1945 188000. بلغ عدد السجناء الذين ماتوا في المعسكرات والمخيمات الفرعية بين يناير 1940 ومايو 1945 ما لا يقل عن 28000 ، ويجب أن يضاف إليهم أولئك الذين لقوا حتفهم هناك بين عام 1933 ونهاية عام 1939. ومن غير المرجح أن يكون العدد الإجمالي للضحايا مات في داخاو سوف يعرف على الإطلاق.

في 2 نوفمبر 2014 ، سُرقت البوابة المعدنية الثقيلة التي تحمل الشعار & quotArbeit Macht Frei & quot (العمل يحررك) من موقع Dachau التذكاري تحت جنح الظلام. يعتقد مسؤولو الأمن الذين يفترض أنهم يراقبون 24 ساعة على موقع النصب التذكاري أن السرقة كانت مدبرة جيدًا ومخطط لها ، ووقعت بين منتصف الليل والساعة 5:30 صباحًا يوم الأحد 2 نوفمبر. 250 رطلاً على الأقل ، لذلك يعتقد المسؤولون أن عدة أشخاص شاركوا في السرقة.

مصادر: متحف ذكرى الهولوكوست بالولايات المتحدة
& ldquoDachau معسكر اعتقال ، & rdquo ويكيبيديا
David Chrisinger، & ldquoA Secret Diary سجل تاريخ & lsquoSatanic World & rsquo That was Dachau، & rdquo نيويورك تايمز، (4 سبتمبر 2020).

قم بتنزيل تطبيق الهاتف المحمول الخاص بنا للوصول أثناء التنقل إلى المكتبة الافتراضية اليهودية


تاريخ O-6 SS-67 - التاريخ

& # 8220Orient Line - تاريخ الأسطول & # 8221

يرجى الملاحظة : فايرفوكس وبعض محركات البحث الأخرى غير مناسبة يستخدم & # 8220Internet Explorer & # 8221 لكي يتم تحميل هذه الصفحة بشكل مثالي!

انقر فوق الشعار أعلاه للوصول إلى ssMaritime FrontPage للحصول على تحديثات الأخبار & amp & # 8220 سفينة الشهر & # 8221

مع روبن جوسينز

مؤرخ بحري ، رحلة بحرية & # 8216n & # 8217 مراجع سفينة ، مؤلف ومحاضر بحري

يرجى الملاحظة : جميع مواقع ssMaritime وغيرها من المواقع البحرية / الرحلات البحرية ذات الصلة هي 100٪ غير تجارية ومملوكة للقطاع الخاص. تأكد من أنني لست مرتبطًا بأي من شركات الشحن أو الرحلات البحرية أو أي وكالات سفر / رحلات بحرية أو أي منظمات أخرى! على الرغم من أن المؤلف كان يعمل في صناعة شحن الركاب منذ عام 1960 ، على الرغم من تقاعده الآن ولكن بعد الانتهاء من حوالي 6 80 Classic Liners و Cargo-Passengers Ships ، فإنني على ثقة من أن هذه ستستمر في تزويد عشاق السفن الكلاسيكيين بالمعلومات التي يبحثون عنها ، ولكن قبل كل شيء قدرا كبيرا من المتعة! روبن جوسينز.

& # 8220Orient Line & # 8211 A Fleet History & # 8221
كتاب بيتر نيوال

لأكثر من 100 عام ، كانت أورينت لاين واحدة من أكثر شركات الشحن البريطانية تقدمًا وابتكارًا. وكان أيضًا خط الركاب الأول بين بريطانيا وأستراليا الذي يحمل آلاف الأشخاص على متن سفن شراعية وبواخر. مع مقدمة من اللورد مارشال ، رئيس مجلس إدارة الخطوط الجوية البريطانية وموظف سابق في شركة Orient Line ، يتتبع Orient Line a Fleet History لأول مرة التاريخ الكامل للشركة وسفنها منذ تشكيل Anderson و Thomson and Company في عام 1863 حتى استوعبت شركة Orient Line في P & ampO في عام 1966 والإحياء القصير لاسمها بين عامي 1977 و 1987.

أنتج Peter Newall ، مؤلف كتاب Union-Castle Line a Fleet History ، ما سيكون على الأرجح التاريخ النهائي للخط مع التواريخ الفردية لـ 129 سفينة بما في ذلك جميع السفن الشراعية من عام 1863 فصاعدًا والقاطرات المملوكة لشركة Orient Line Pacific Steam Navigation Company السفن المستخدمة في خدمة خط أورينت المشتركة بين 1878-1909 السفن التي تديرها الحرب وسلسلة ناقلات الغاز السائل والشاحنات من 1977-1987. يحتوي هذا الكتاب الذي يحتوي على 184 صفحة على أكثر من 400 صورة ، وكثير منها لم يظهر من قبل (بما في ذلك 40 ملونة) ، ويتضمن أيضًا معلومات فريدة عن أورينت لاين في تيلبوري والموانئ الأسترالية بالإضافة إلى 21 صفحة عن الحياة على متن السفينة من الشرق إلى أوريانا وتسع صفحات أخرى على خطوط أورينت قيد الإنشاء في Barrow-in-Furness.

& # 8220Orient Line & # 8211 A Fleet History & # 8221

متاح مقابل 23.50 + p & ampp من & # 8220Ships in Focus & # 8221

قم أيضًا بزيارة ميزاتنا على خطوط الشرق التالية / سفن P & ampO

& # 8220 بواخر المياه الزرقاء تبحر إلى الشواطئ البعيدة.
شاهدتهم يأتون ، وشاهدتهم يذهبون وشاهدتهم يموتون. & # 8221

زرنا المؤشر الرئيسي البحري ss

حيث سوف تكتشف حوالي 680 بطانات الركاب الكلاسيكية وأمبير الركاب والبضائع!

حيث سفن الماضي تصنع التاريخ & أمبير قصة MV Doulos المبنية عام 1914

يرجى الملاحظة : ssmaritime والمواقع المرتبطة بها غير تجارية بنسبة 100٪ ولا يسعى المؤلف للحصول على تمويل أو خدمات ولن يفعل ذلك أبدًا ولن يفعل ذلك أبدًا.

الصور الفوتوغرافية على صفحات ssmaritime والمنتسبة إما عن طريق المؤلف أو من المجموعة الخاصة للمؤلف & # 8217s. بالإضافة إلى ذلك ، هناك بعض الصور والصور التي تم توفيرها من قبل شركات الشحن أو المصورين الخاصين أو هواة الجمع. يتم منح الائتمان لجميع المساهمين ، ومع ذلك ، هناك بعض الصور المقدمة لي دون تفاصيل تتعلق بالمصور أو المالك المعني. لذلك ، أدعو بموجب هذا إذا كان مالكو هذه الصور لطيفين جدًا لإعلامهم بأنفسهم (يمكن العثور على عنوان بريدي الإلكتروني في أسفل الصفحة على www.ssmaritime.com) ، حتى يكون الرصيد المستحق منح.

ssMaritime مملوكة & amp حقوق الطبع والنشر من قبل Reuben Goossens - جميع الحقوق محفوظة


فوز كلوي تشاو بجائزة أفضل مخرج يجعلها ثاني امرأة في تاريخ جوائز الأوسكار

فازت Zhao على Emerald Fennell ("Promising Young Woman") ، و Thomas Vinterberg ("Another Round") ، و David Fincher ("Mank") و Lee Isaac Chung ("Minari") في إحدى أفضل الجوائز في تلك الليلة.

"Nomadland" بطولة فرانسيس مكدورماند بدور فيرن ، التي تنطلق في رحلة حول البلاد في شاحنتها بعد أن فقدت وظيفتها.

قالت تشاو أثناء قبولها جائزتها ، نقلاً عن نص صيني قديم علمها والدها عندما كانت طفلة: "الناس عند الولادة طيبون بطبيعتهم". "ما زلت أؤمن بهم حقًا اليوم ، على الرغم من أنه قد يبدو أحيانًا أن العكس هو الصحيح. لطالما وجدت الخير في الأشخاص الذين قابلتهم ".

قبل هذا العام ، تم ترشيح خمس نساء فقط في فئة أفضل مخرج: لينا ويرتمولر في عام 1977 عن فيلم "Seven Beauties" ، وجين كامبيون في عام 1994 عن "The Piano" ، صوفيا كوبولا في عام 2003 عن "Lost in Translation" ، كاثرين بيجلو في عام 2010 عن فيلم The Hurt Locker و Greta Gerwig في عام 2018 عن فيلم Lady Bird.


تاريخ

2TM هي أول وأقدم محطة إذاعية في مدينة تامورث الريفية في نيو ساوث ويلز ، أستراليا. وهي أيضًا محطة الراديو التجارية الوحيدة في تامورث في نطاق AM.

المحطة جزء من شبكة Super Radio Network ، إلى جانب المحطة الشقيقة 92.9FM.

1932: تم السعي للحصول على إذن لإقامة جهاز إرسال إذاعي في تامورث. تم تقديم الاقتراح من قبل رجلين شاركا في تشكيل محطة إذاعية أخرى في نيو ساوث ويلز ، 2WG في ولونغونغ. كانا توم ويتكومب وإرنست هيجينبوثام. وافق الجنرال Post-Master ، السيد جيمس مالون على التقديم وبعد فترة وجيزة ، اشترى الرجلان الأرض المواجهة لطريق مانيلا.

1934: تم منح طلب إنشاء محطة إذاعية في تامورث إلى إرنست هيغينبوثام وتوم ويتكومب في أغسطس 1934. حصل الزوجان على رخصة من الدرجة & lsquoB & rsquo وعلامة نداء 2WO الذي سيبث عند 50 واط. اقترض توم ويتكومب المال من بنك الكومنولث لبناء منزل سيصبح استوديو البث الخاص بهم على طريق مانيلا. حصل هذا المنزل لاحقًا على عنوان 64 Peel Street. بحلول ديسمبر 1934 ، تم تغيير علامة النداء إلى 2TM. تم نصب جهاز إرسال في مكان قريب في 80 شارع بريسبان. كان الناس قادرين على شراء أجهزة الراديو من المحطة التي تم بيعها بمقابل ما يمكن على أساس أنه تم توفيره من قبل شركة جنرال إلكتريك الأسترالية.

1935: تم افتتاح 2TM Tamworth رسميًا في 27 فبراير 1935 ، بعد 5 أشهر من استلام رخصة البث. بدأت في الإرسال على 1300 كيلوغرام. أجرى توم ويتكومب الافتتاح الرسمي في فندق رويال في شارع بيل حيث تمكن الضيوف من سماع الإرسال الأول. كانت هناك ثلاث جداول يومية ، من 7 إلى 9 صباحًا ومن 12 إلى 2 مساءً ومن 5 إلى 10 مساءً.

1936: منح الإذن بزيادة قدرة الإرسال إلى 1000 واط. كان هذا تمرينًا مكلفًا ، لذلك دعا المديرون طلبات الحصول على 20000 سهم مقابل جنيه واحد لكل من المجتمع.

1937: بحلول فبراير 1937 ، قامت شركة 2TM ببناء جهاز إرسال جديد في دوري. انتقلت استوديوهات 2TM إلى قسم الطابق العلوي من 312 Peel Street Tamworth. كانت واحدة من عدد قليل من المحطات الريفية التي تبث جدولاً طويلاً ، حيث كانت الساعة 7 صباحًا و 10 مساءً يوميًا.

1937: 13 أغسطس 1937 ، تلقى المذيع كين موجيني خطابًا من أحد المستمعين في نيوزيلندا يشيد به على برنامجه.

1938: طبعة 23 ديسمبر 1938 من مجلة Wireless Weekly ، تحدثوا عن & # 39 The Red Terror & # 39 الذي كان عبارة عن سلسلة من البرامج على 2TM لتثقيف المستمعين حول الوقاية من حرائق الغابات. علاوة على ذلك ، يتحدث عن نداء قدمته المذيعة السيدة بيني لمجتمع تامورث للتبرع لصندوق اللاجئين الصيني 2TM. كانت الاستجابة هائلة ، وغمرت المحطة بملابس وأحذية وأحذية تم تسليمها في النهاية إلى لجنة المنطقة للتوزيع.

1939: The Wireless Weekly بتاريخ 6 يناير 1939 تقارير عن إعصار جاء عبر قرية دوري ، جنبًا إلى جنب مع 104 نقاط من الأمطار الغزيرة ، أسقط جزءًا من سارية جهاز الإرسال 2TM ، على بعد 30 قدمًا من الأعلى. كان المهندسون قادرين على بناء صاري مؤقت لتمكين البرمجة من الاستمرار حتى يتم إجراء الإصلاحات ، مما يتيح استمرار برمجة 2TM.

1939: نشرت The Wireless Weekly مقالًا في 10 فبراير 1939 حول 2TM وبرنامجهم الجديد & # 39Music of the Ballet & # 39 والذي سيعرض كل يوم ثلاثاء في الساعة 8 مساءً.

نفس الإصدار يكتب عن برنامج 2TM Dramatic نصف ساعة & ldquoQoronets of England ، & rdquo. دراما مدتها نصف ساعة تُسمع أكثر من 2TM كل ليلة أربعاء في الساعة 8.15 مساءً ، والتي جذبت عددًا كبيرًا من المتابعين ، الذين طلبوا عرضها كل ليلة بدلاً من مرة واحدة في الأسبوع.

1939: تقرير The Wireless Weekly بتاريخ 15 مارس 1939 عن إعادة بدء برنامج 2TM الشهير & # 39Tamworth Speaks & # 39. ينطلق البرنامج الذي يستضيفه بيل وير إلى شوارع تامورث لإعطاء المستمعين الفرصة للتحدث على الهواء. شهدت إعادة بدء البرنامج حشودًا ضخمة تتجمع في شارع بيل ، مما تسبب في استدعاء الشرطة لتطهير ممرات المشاة والطرق للسماح باستمرار حركة المرور.

في نفس القضية ، يخبرنا كيف أصبحت 2TM إضافة مهمة لخدمة الإسعاف ، من خلال تزويد سياراتهم بشبكة لاسلكية ، وتمكينهم من إعادة مكالمات الطوارئ إلى سيارة الإسعاف عندما كانت بعيدة عن المقر. ثم تم تكييف نفس الخدمة من قبل دورية شرطة تاموورث ، مما جعلها أول وحدة مركز قطري مجهزة بجهاز راديو الفرقة ،

1940: في 23 نوفمبر 1940 ، أصبحت محطة 2TM واحدة من 6 محطات في نيو ساوث ويلز أصبحت مستقلة مع تفكك شبكة البث. وقد مكن هذا المحطة من إنشاء برامجها الخاصة لأول مرة وبناءها حول طلبات المستمعين.

1940 و - 1941: تم تشكيل البث المدمج بين المحطات 2MO في Gunnedah و 2TM في Tamworth. كان معروفًا باسم & lsquoNew England Network & rsquo

1942: تم تشكيل نادي راديو 2TM Women & rsquos بواسطة ويليام بيني وزوجته. كانت زوجته في ذلك الوقت تُعرف باسم & lsquoAunty Patsy & rsquo في جلسات راديو الأطفال و rsquos. أقام النادي حفلات موسيقية ورعى الأحداث لجمع الأموال لـ CWA ومستشفى Tamworth Base وحتى طائرة للحكومة. توقف النادي قرب نهاية الحرب العالمية الثانية.

1945: في الثالث من يونيو عام 1945 ، عقدت مذيع 2TM الآنسة إديث مارشال أول بث إذاعي لموسيقى الريف 2TM مع مغني موسيقى الريف ويليام و lsquoBuddy & rsquo Bishop كضيف لها. استمر هذا الحدث الأول لمدة 15 دقيقة.

1947: أعيد تشكيل نادي راديو 2TM Women & # 39s ، وأصبح يُعرف باسم & lsquoAll Charities Club & rsquo. استمر النادي لمدة أربع سنوات أخرى وجمع 7000 جنيه خلال تلك الفترة.

1947: تم تشكيل نادي 2TM Sparklers لأطفال تامورث ومدارس المنطقة. زارت غلاديس فيرا جراهام مدارس مختلفة في المنطقة لتسجيل الدراما والموسيقى والشعر التي ستبث في وقت لاحق على 2TM من الساعة 5.00 مساءً فصاعدًا. كتاب Sparklets لأشعار وقصص الأطفال محتجز في مكتبة الولاية في فيكتوريا.

1947: 2TM Women & # 39s Radio Club تنشر 2TM Cookery Book. يحتوي الكتاب على وصفات المستمع وأصبح اليوم عنصرًا لهواة الجمع. يمكن الاطلاع على نسخة في مكتبة ولاية نيو ساوث ويلز. كما حصلت المحطة على نسخة من النسخة الأصلية.

1948: اشترت Radio 2TM قطعتين كبيرتين من الأرض التي كانت جزءًا من Hyman Estate. الأول كان على مساحة 7.7 هكتار ، على جانبي طريق Hillvue في & lsquoOne Tree Hill & rsquo المنطقة ، والآخر عبارة عن قطعتين بمساحة 6 هكتارات بين شارعي Garden و Roberts.

1948: قام Buddy Bishop بتقطيع أول مقطعين لموسيقى الريف الأسترالي في Tamworth في Radio 2TM. تم قطعها بسرعة 78 دورة في الدقيقة على أحد سجلات الأسيتات القديمة التي استخدمتها محطات الراديو في تلك الأيام للبرامج الخاصة والإعلانات التجارية. سجل الأسيتات عبارة عن قرص دائري من الألومنيوم بغطاء ناعم من الشمع على كلا الجانبين.

1954: بدأت الجمعية الخيرية البث في 9 أغسطس 1954 على أساس شهري حتى حوالي عام 1959. ناشدت الجمعية التبرع بالمال والسلع لمساعدة نوادي أبيكس وليونز في تامورث.

1959: 2TM moves from 312 Peel Street Tamworth to its present location, 442-450 Goonoo Goonoo Road South Tamworth. The move included the erection of a 117 metre transmission tower on the corner of the New England Highway and Whitehouse Lane, 12 kilometres south of Tamworth.

1961: John Minson, later known as &lsquoMr Hoedown&rsquo began working at 2TM as an Announcer and Copy Writer.

1963: The ' Modern Sounds in Country and Western Music' show launched on Saturday mornings with announcer Ken McEwan. .

1965: 2TM was now broadcasting daily between 5.30am and 11.30pm and reaching listeners up to 80 kilometres from Tamworth. Announcer John Minson was presenting a popular program representing music genres including jazz, folk and country music. He eventually named his extremely popular program &lsquoThe Hoedown&rsquo and refined his playlist to solely Australian Country Music.

Due to its omni-directional transmission frequency (1290 kHz, and now 1287 kHz, 2TM was able to transmit in every direction, This, coupled with the uniqueness of not sharing its frequency with any other station in Australia, 2TM was able to be heard not only in most states of Australia, but also in several countries overseas. It was due to this amazing reach that enabled 2TM &lsquoHoedown&rsquo program to play an enormous role in what would establish Tamworth as Australia&rsquos Country Music Capital.

1966: As a way to help raise money for the Meals on Wheels charity who were looking to upgrade to their own kitchen facilities, 2TM began taking donations from listeners who were acknowledged on air. This along with donations from other Businesses and fund -raising activities, saw the organisation open its new facility later that same year.

1967: 2TM and the Modern Country Music Association (MCMA) staged a concert to raise money for Tasmanian Bushfire Relief. Also know as the Black Tuesday Bushfires.

1968 : Max Ellis, George Maxwell, Kevin Knapp, Bob Lipman, Eric Scott and John Minson were all active in the promotion of Country Music on 2TM. Between them, they decided that Tamworth should become known as &lsquoThe Country Music Capital of Australia&rsquo and started to promote the slogan. This slogan became official in 1969 with the formation of the Capital Country Music Association.

1969: 2TM arranged for builder, Warwick D Benet to construct a house that was to be a prize in an Art Union. The House was built at 10 Wongala Street, and became known as 'The House that 2TM built'.

To sell more tickets, organisers John Minson, Max Ellis and Levin Knapp organised a live Country Music show on 23rd May 1969 in the Tamworth Town Hall using &ldquoHoedown&rdquo to promote the event. Country Music star, Mr Reg Lindsay was the headline act for the event and &ldquoThe Hoedown&rdquo show was broadcast from the foyer of the Town Hall.

1969: The National Country Music Jamboree that was originally started by the MCMA was taken over by 2TM.

1970: Broadcasting times had extended and 2TM were now live between 5.00am until 1.00pm.

To celebrate Australia's Bi-centenary, a Country Music concert was arranged by 2TM, starring names such as Slim Dusty & Joy McKean, Barry Thornton "Smiling" Billy Blinkhorn, Smoky Dawson, Shirley Thoms and Buddy Bishop to name just a few.

1971: To celebrate 2TM&rsquos 36th anniversary, a Country Music concert was held on 27th February 1971. Johnny Ashcroft, who starred in the concert, was presented with three Golden long-playing records as a souvenir. This Golden record idea led to the eventual creation of the Golden Guitar Country Music Awards.

1973: A new live radio show went to air called 'Big T Jubilee' presented by Eric Scott from Hadley Studios.The show ran for 13 months and featured live performances of Country Music artists. Slim Newton performed 'Redback on the Toilet Seat' on the first show.

1973: 28th January 1973, a judging panel of eleven people, each who represented different aspects of Country Music, introduced and chose a number of Country Music awards for professional and amateur artists in Australian and New Zealand who had released records during the previous year.

These awards were presented the next evening after a talent quest and jamboree. The trophies were cast from bronze, in the shape of a Golden Guitar, sculptured by local Tamworth artist, George Henry &lsquoHarry&rsquo Frost. The bases were made from Tasmanian Blackwood supplied by Beau Chatwin and the final trophy was put together by John Minson.

The decision on a Golden Guitar was made between Max Ellis and John Minson who has both previously been presented with a plastic guitar as an award, and thought that it needed something more prestigious.

The entire event was organised by four 2TM gentlemen. Max Ellis, who was the Awards Chief Executive Officer. Bob Lipman, who was Stage Manager. Accommodation was taken care of by Del Foote and the compare for the event was Kevin Knapp.

1973: An initiative between 2TM Tamworth and 2MO Gunnedah, was the first AgQuip event, held on 25th August 1973 over four days in Gunnedah. This event enabled the agricultural industry for the first time to market and showcase their products and services in a rural region of NSW. An event of this scale was previously only accessible from major city Royal Shows. The event grew more and more popular each year to what is still to this day a major event in the district.

1973: Hoedown' became so popular, that the show was extended from 7.30pm to 11.00pn Monday to Friday.

1975: 2TM published the first annual edition of its festival Newspaper 'Capital News'.It became a monthly publication In 1981 and was later sold to Rural Press in 1995.

1976: The Country Music Roll of Renown was inaugurated on 25th January 1976. The Roll of Renown was a series of boulders that were placed on the front lawn of the 2TM studios and each year different Country Music artist was given the privilege of having a bronze plaque installed on a boulder with their name and photo. The boulders were eventually moved to the Tamworth Regional Entertainment Centre in 2000, where they are still currently on display.

1977: 29th January 1977, 2TM unveiled 'The Hands of Fame'. The first people to imprint their hands were Johnny Ashcroft, Buddy Bishop, Rick & Thel Carey, Stan Coster, Rex Dallas, Smokey Dawson, Slim Dusty, Alan Hawking, Ken Kitching, Reg Lindsay, Heather McKean, Joy McKean, Tex Morton, Slim Newton, Nev Nicholls, Suzanne Prentice, Shorty Ranger, Buddy Williams and George Xanthos.

1977: Cooking sensation, Margaret Fulton came to AgQuip to judge the 2TM competition &lsquoSearch for the Super Sandwich&rsquo

1978: 2TM created BAL Marketing.

1978: January 27 1978 saw the first 2TM Buttercup Open House concert stage in the Tamworth Town Hall. 2TM's John Minson chatted on air with country music celebrities and fans in the Town Hall, while 2TM's Bob Lipman kept things moving on stage.

1978: Tamworth Songwriters Association formed by 2TM. By 1980, the Association was able to run independently and branched away from 2TM.

1979: The inaugural &lsquoStar Maker&rsquo quest was held, an initiative of Radio 2TM. The quest enabled up and coming Australian Country Music artists the opportunity to perform in a talent quest that would provide the winner with 12 months promotion to the Country Music industry. This included the opportunity to perform at major Country Music events and the professional production of their own 2-track CD.

1980: January 1980 saw the first of the TCMF Golden Guitar Awards held in the 2TM Big Top. The tent would seat 4000 guests and was set up in Bicentennial Park.

1982: 11th October 1982, 2TM would air the first satellite broadcast of the CMA awards from Nashville to Tamworth.

1982: To commemorate the 10th anniversary of the TCMF Golden Guitar awards, 2TM released a double vinyl album called 'The Winners' on the RCA record label.

1982: Erected by 2TM, The Hawking Brothers Memorial opened on 30th January 1982 in the garden of The Settlers (now Country Capital) Motel on Goonoo Goonoo Road. It was dedicated by the Hawking Brothers Fan Club to commemorate the achievements of Alan and Russell Hawking from the band's formation in 1950

1987: John Minson 'Mr Hoedown' retires from Radio 2TM. He and his wife Anne move to Coffs Harbour in 2001 where he took up the hobby of model planes. Nick Erby replaced him on 'The Hoedown'

1989: Nick Erby started a singles chart in Capital News and broadcast a count down broadcast 2TM called 'Country Tracks'.

1991: Kevin Knapp retires from 2TM

1991: November. 2TM announces the Awards concert and presentation of individual categories will take place at different venues. This was met with outrage from the country music industry.

1992: June 1992. After lengthy negotiations, 2TM generously hands over the Awards to the new Country Music Association of Australia (CMAA) industry organisation.

1993: 2TM sold to the Super Radio Network

1993: Completion of the newly constructed 2TM studios, shared with sister station 92.9FM. The sister station began broadcasting on 1st May, 1993 with a completely different target audience and music format.

2000: 30th January 2000, 2TM Station Manager, William Andrew Morrison made the unpopular decision to cancel the very popular &lsquoHoedown&rsquo show which by now had been running from 6pm &ndash 6am every night, to instead take a talk-back Network program from 2SM in Sydney. Presenters Nick Erby, Brian Howard, and Garry Coxhead were told on this same day that they would no longer be needed at the station.

2000: September 2000. Roll of Renown re-located from the front yard of 2TM to TRECC.

2004: 2TM re-commences overnight Country Music programming along with several other Super Radio network stations. Previously kinown as 'The Hoedown', the new show is called CMR (Country Music Radio) and is host by ex 2TM announcer, Nock Erby.

2007: January 2007. The John Laws Show is heard for the firdt time on 2TM.

2008: June 2008. Opening of state of the art studio complex featuring the latest digital technology and floor to ceiling glass studios.

2010: 4th June 2010. 2TM changed its name for the day to 2JW - True Blue Radio, to pay tribute to Country Music star, John Williamson, and the anniversary of his 40 years in the music business. The station's playlist for the day showcased John's songs, along with a mixture of other Australian classic songs.

2011: Jan 2011. 2TM teams up with Jayco and Tourism Tamworth for 10 day, 120 hour outside broadcast from the steps of Ray Walsh House for the Country Music Festival.

2013: 2TM&rsquos longest serving breakfast announcer Mal McCall retires after 32 years of service with the station.

2018: Station Manager, Gavin Flanagan and Content Director, Jarrad Brooke return to 2TM after 7 years and re-instate Australian Country Music content into station programming including a one hour show every Saturday morning called 'A Country Mile'.

2018: 2TM presents the 'Buy a Bale HAY MATE' concert in Tamworth to raise money for drought stricken farmers. Guest performers included John Farnham, Daryl Braithwaite, Guy Sebastian, The Veronicas, Andrew Farriss (INXS) and Adam Harvey. The event was televised by Channel 9 and raised over 2 million dollars.

2019: 2TM cover the TCMF with live programming every day of the Festival with extended hours until 10pm. The station began it's celebration of the event by way of a live broadcast on the front grounds of the station, on top of a Kennards Hire scissor lift.

2019: February 2019, 2TM launches the first 'Our Country' podcast with special guest, Troy Cassar-Daly. Designed as an instructive and educational podcast for anyone associated with the country music industry, providing advice and real life experiences from some of our greatest artists, managers, promoters, venue operators, touring and session musicians, among others.

2019: Re-introduction of the weekly 2TM Australian Country Music Chart.

2019: 17th April 2019, the first 2TM News Podcast went live. Each week, honorary announcer Tim Coates discusses all the big news stories from the last week with the 2TM News Journalist and special guests.

2019: 29th November 2019, 2TM presents 'Country 4 Our Country' Salvation Army Bushfire appeal in Tamworth. The event held at Wests, saw Country Music artists come together from all parts of Australia, donating their time to raise money.

2020: Even greater coverage of the TCMF with extended live broadcasting hours, and for the first time, live coverage on 2TM of the Golden Guitar Awards. Broadcasting live on-air as well as up-to-the minute results and photos via blog on the 2TM Facebook page and website as it happened.

2020: 22nd January 2020. 2TM proudly present, The Concert for Joy. 2TM announcers Pete Huxley and Sally-Anne Whitten emcee the sell-out concert to celebrate Country Music legend, Joy McKean and her 90th Birthday.

Some of music's biggest names took to the stage to perform some of Slim Dusty's iconic songs, including Lights on the Hill, Biggest Disappointment, Ringer from the Top End, and Walk a Country Mile.


History of O-6 SS-67 - History

The Chesapeake & Ohio Railway traces its origin to the Louisa Railroad of Louisa County, Virginia, begun in 1836, and the James River & Kanawha Canal Company begun 1785, also in Virginia. The C&O of the 1950s and 1960s at its height before the first modern merger, was the product of about 150 smaller lines that had been incorporated into the system over time.

By 1850 the Louisa Railroad had been built east to Richmond and west to Charlottesville, and in keeping with its new and larger vision, was renamed Virginia Central . The Commonwealth of Virginia, always keen to help with “internal improvements” not only owned a portion of Virginia Central stock, but incorporated and financed the Blue Ridge Railroad to accomplish the hard and expensive task of crossing the first mountain barrier to the west. Under the leadership of the great early civil engineer Claudius Crozet, the Blue Ridge Railroad built over the mountain, using four tunnels, including the 4,263-foot Blue Ridge Tunnel at the top of the mountain, then one of the longest tunnels in the world.

While the Blue Ridge Railroad attacked the mountains, Virginia Central was building westward from the west foot of the mountains. It crossed the Great Valley of Virginia, The Shenandoah, and the Shenandoah range Great North Mountain, reaching a point known as Jackson’s River Station at the foot of Alleghany Mountain in 1856. This is the site that would later be called Clifton Forge.

To finish its line across the mountainous territory of the Alleghany Plateau known in old Virginia as the “Transmountaine”, the Commonwealth again chartered a state-subsidized railroad called the Covington & Ohio . This company completed important grading work on the Alleghany grade and did considerable work on numerous tunnels over the mountain and westward. It also did a good deal of roadbed work around Charleston on the Kanawha River. Then the War Between the States intervened, and work was stopped on the westward expansion.

During the Civil War the Virginia Central was one of the Confederacy’s most important lines, carrying food from the Shenandoah region to Richmond, and ferrying troops and supplies back and forth as the campaigns frequently surrounded its tracks. On more than one occasion it was used in actual tactical operations, transporting troops directly to the battlefield. But, it was a prime target for Federal armies, and by the end of the war had only about five miles of track still in operation, and $40 in gold in its treasury.

Following the war, Virginia Central officials realized that they would have to get capital to rebuild from outside the economically devastated South and attempted to attract British interests, without success. Finally, they succeeded in getting Collis P. Huntington of New York interested in the line. He is, of course, the same Huntington that was one of the “big Four” involved in building the Central Pacific portion of the Transcontinental Railroad, which was at this time just reaching completion. Huntington had a vision of a true transcontinental that would go from sea to sea under one operating management, and decided that the Virginia Central might be the eastern link to this system.

Huntington supplied the Virginians with the money needed to complete the line to the Ohio River, through what was now the new state of West Virginia. The old Covington & Ohio’s properties were conveyed to the Chesapeake & Ohio Railroad in keeping with its new mission of linking the Tidewater coast of Virginia with the “Western Waters” of the Ohio River. This was the old dream of the “Great Connection” which had been current in Virginia since Colonial times.

On July 1, 1867 the C&O was completed nine miles from Jackson’s River Station to the town of Covington, seat of Alleghany County, Virginia. By 1869, it had crossed Alleghany Mountain, using much of the tunneling and roadway work done by the Covington & Ohio before the war, and was running to the great mineral springs resort at White Sulphur Springs, now in Greenbrier County, West Virginia. Here stagecoach connections were made for Charleston and the navigation on the Kanawha River and thus water transportation on the whole Ohio/Mississippi system.

During 1869-1873 the hard work of building through West Virginia was done with large crews working from the new city of Huntington on the Ohio River and White Sulphur much as the UP and CP had done in the transcontinental work, and the line was joined at Hawks Nest, WV on January 28, 1873.

Collis Huntington intended to connect the C&O with his Western and Mid-Western holdings, but had much other railroad construction to finance and he stopped the line at the Ohio River. Over the next few years he did little to improve its rough construction or develop traffic. The only connection to the West was by packet boats operating on the Ohio River. Because the great mineral resources of the region hadn’t been fully realized yet, the C&O suffered through the bad times brought on by the financial panic Depression of 1873, and went into receivership in 1878. When reorganized it was renamed The Chesapeake & Ohio Railway Company .

During the ten years 1878-1888 C&O’s coal resources began to be developed and shipped eastward. In 1881 the Peninsula Subdivision was completed from Richmond to the new city of Newport News located on Hampton Roads, the East’s largest ice-free port. Transportation of coal to Newport News where it was loaded on coastwise shipping and transported to the Northeast became a staple of the C&O’s business at this time.

In 1888 Huntington lost control of the C&O. A reorganization without foreclosure resulted in his losing his majority interest to the Morgan and Vanderbilt interests, which installed Melville E. Ingalls as President. Ingalls was, at the time, President of the Vanderbilt’s Chicago, Cleveland, Cincinnati & Louisville, The “Big Four System”, and held both presidencies concurrently for the next decade. Ingalls installed George W. Stevens as general manager and effective head of the C&O.

In 1889 the Richmond & Alleghany Railroad, which had been built along the tow-path of the defunct James River & Kanawha Canal, was merged into the C&O, giving it a down grade “water level” line from Clifton Forge to Richmond, avoiding the heavy grades of North Mountain and the Blue Ridge on the original Virginia Central route. This “James River Line” remains the principal artery of coal transportation to the present day.

Ingalls and Stevens completely rebuilt the C&O to “modern” standards with ballasted roadbed, enlarged and lined tunnels, steel bridges, and heavier steel rails, as well as new, larger cars and locomotives.

In 1888 the C&O built the Cincinnati Division from Huntington down the South bank of the Ohio River and across the river at Cincinnati, connecting with the “Big Four” and other Midwestern Railroads.

From 1900 to 1920 most of the C&O’s line tapping the rich bituminous coal fields of southern West Virginia and eastern Kentucky were built, and the C&O as it was known throughout the rest of the 20th Century was essentially in place.

In 1910 C&O merged the Chicago, Cincinnati & Louisville Railroad into its system. This line had been built diagonally across the state of Indiana from Cincinnati to Hammond in the preceding decade. This gave the C&O a direct line from Cincinnati to the great railroad hub of Chicago.

Also in 1910 C&O interests bought control of the Kanawha & Michigan and Hocking valley lines in Ohio, with a view to connecting with the Great Lakes through Columbus. Eventually Anti-trust laws forced C&O to abandon its K&M interests, but it was allowed to retain the Hocking valley, which operated about 350 miles in Ohio, including a direct line from Columbus to the port of Toledo, and numerous branches southeast of Columbus in the Hocking Coal Fields. But there was no direct connection with the C&O’s mainline, now hauling previously undreamed-of quantities of coal. To get its coal up to Toledo and into Great Lakes shipping, C&O contracted with its rival Norfolk & Western to haul trains from Kenova, WV to Columbus. N&W, however, limited this business and the arrangement was never satisfactory.

C&O gained access to the Hocking Valley by building a new line directly from a point a few miles from its huge and growing terminal at Russell, KY to Columbus between 1917 and 1926. It crossed the Ohio River at Limeville, KY. to Sciotoville, Ohio, on the great Limeville or Sciotoville bridge which remains today the mightiest bridge every built from point of view of its load capacity. Truly a monument to engineering, but seldom commented on outside engineering circles because of its relatively remote location.

With the connection at Columbus complete, C&O soon was sending more of its high quality metallurgical and steam coal west than East, and in 1930 it merged the Hocking Valley into its system.

The next great change for C&O came in 1923 when the great Cleveland financiers, the brother 0. P. and M. J. Van Sweringen, bought controlling interest in the line as part of their expansion of the Nickel Plate Road NKP system. Eventually they controlled the NKP, C&O, Pere Marquette Railway in Michigan and Ontario, and Erie Railroads. They managed to control this huge system by a maze of holding companies and interlocking directorships. This house of cards tumbled when the Great Depression began and the Van Sweringen companies collapsed. But the C&O was a strong line and despite the fact that in the early 1930s over 50% of American railroads went into receivership, it not only avoided bankruptcy, but took the occasion of cheap labor and materials to again completely rebuild itself.

During the early 1930s when it seemed the whole country was retrenching, C&O was boring new tunnels, adding double track, rebuilding bridges, upgrading the weight of its rail, and rebuilding its roadbed, all with money from its principal commodity of haulage: Coal. Even in the hard years of the Depression coal was something that had to be used everywhere, and C&O was sitting astride the best bituminous seams in the country.

Because of this great upgrading and building program, C&O was in prime condition to carry the monumental loads needed during World War II. During the War it transported men and materiel in unimagined quantities as the United States used the Hampton Roads Port of Embarkation as a principal departure point for the European Theater. The invasion of North Africa was loaded here. Of course coal was needed in ever increasing quantities by war industries, and C&O was ready with a powerful, well organized, well maintained railway powered by the largest and most modern locomotives.

By the end of the war C&O was poised to help America during its great growth during the decades following, and at mid-century was truly a line of national importance. It became more so, at least in the public’s eye through Robert R. Young, its mercurial Chairman.

Young got control of the C&O through the remnants of the Van Sweringen companies in 1942, and for the next decade he became “the gadfly of the rails,” as he challenged old methods of financing and operating railroads, and inaugurated many forward looking advances in technology that have ramifications to the present. He changed the C&O’s herald or logo to “C&O for Progress” to embody his ideas that C&O would lead the industry to a new day. He installed a well-staffed research and development department that came up with ideas for passenger service that are thought to be futuristic even now, and for freight service that would challenge the growth of trucking. Young eventually gave up his C&O position to become Chairman of the New York Central before his untimely death in 1958.

During the Young era and following, C&O was headed by Walter J. Tuohy, under whose control the “For Progress” theme continued, though in a more muted way after the departure of Young. During this time C&O installed the first large computer system in railroading, developed larger and better freight cars of all types, switched reluctantly from steam to diesel motive power, and diversified its traffic, which had already occurred in 1947 when it merged into the system the old Pere Marquette Railway of Michigan and Ontario which had been controlled since Van Sweringen days. The PM’s huge automotive industry traffic, taking raw materials in and finished vehicles out, gave C&O some protection from the swings in the coal trade, putting merchandise traffic at 50% of the company’s haulage.

C&O continued to be one of the most profitable and financially sound railways in America, and in 1963 started the modern merger era by “affiliating” with the ancient modern of railroads, the hoary Baltimore & Ohio. Avoiding a mistake that would become endemic to later mergers among other lines, a gradual amalgamation of the two lines’ services, personnel, motive power and rolling stock, and facilities built a new and stronger system, which was ready for a new name in 1972. Under the leadership of the visionary Hays T. Watkins, the C&O, B&O and Western Maryland became Chessie System, taking on the name officially that had been used colloquially for so long for the C&O, after the mascot kitten used in ads since 1934.

Under Watkins’ careful and visionary leadership Chessie System then merged with Seaboard System, itself a combination of great railroads of the Southeast including Seaboard Air Line Railway, Atlantic Coast Line, Louisville & Nashville, Clinchfield, and others, to form a new mega-railroad: CSX.

Today, CSX, after taking on 43% of Conrail, is one of four major railroad systems left in the country. It is still an innovative leader, true to its roots in Robert Young and “For Progress,” the Van Sweringens and their quest for efficiency and standardization, to George Stevens and his dedication to operating efficiency and safety awareness, back to Collis Huntington and his dreams of a transportation empire, and even back to those long forgotten Virginians who started it all to carry their farm produce to market in the 1830’s in a different world, the world before the Railroad.


O level CH (SS and History) students, what will you be studying?

Hey! So, History and SS are in 14 and 18 days respectively and I guess it's a tad too late to do much right now, and I guess most of us are resorting to spotting topics (in my school at least).

For history, I have already studied Stalin, Hitler and WWII. I plan to leave out Korean War and End of Cold War as I probably won't have time to finish memorizing them. For SS, I have finished theme 2 (Governance and Healthcare) and theme 3 (SL, NI and Bonding Singapore) and I plan to study either Venice or Globalization, leaving out Deterrence and Diplomacy.

How about you guys? What will you be doing for humanities? Oh, and if you have predictions for what topics will be tested for SEQ, please share them.

I scored a 58 for prelims for Combined Humanities (35/50 for History and 23/50 for SS). That's quite bad I guess but then again, only 3 out of 38 people passed in my class so ya. I'm from Tanjong Katong Secondary just in case you need that info. Thanks!


Contents

Construction and commissioning Edit

Her keel was laid down on 6 December 1916 by Fore River Shipbuilding Company in Quincy, Massachusetts. She was launched on 25 November 1917 sponsored by Mrs. Carroll Q. Wright (daughter of Army Major John Leslie Shepard and wife of the boat's prospective commanding officer). O-6 was commissioned at Boston, Massachusetts, on 12 June 1918 with Lieutenant Carroll Quinn Wright, Jr. (son of US Navy Chaplain, Carroll Q. Wright), in command.

World War I Edit

During the final months of World War I, O-6 operated out of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, on coastal patrol against U-boats, cruising from Cape Cod to Key West, Florida.

A British merchantman fired six shots at O-6 on 14 July 1918. Excerpts from the autobiography of Captain (then Lieutenant) Wright relate that the first two shells landed on either side of the sub. Taking evasive action and emergency diving resulted in several shells hitting the sub and damaging the conning tower, the 3-inch gun, and the bridge shield. Otherwise, had the captain not taken evasive action, the submarine would have been sunk. For his actions which saved the boat from sinking, Lieutenant Wright was awarded the British Distinguished Service Cross. He was promoted to Lieutenant Commander on 15 August.

On 2 November 1918 the O-6 departed Newport in a 20-submarine contingent bound for service in European waters, however, the Armistice with Germany had been signed before the vessels reached the Azores, and they returned to the United States.

Interwar period Edit

After the war, O-6 prolonged her Naval career by operating as a training ship out of New London, Connecticut. Reclassified to a second line submarine on 25 July 1924 while stationed at Coco Solo in the Panama Canal Zone, she reverted to first line class on 6 June 1928 and continued at New London until February 1929, when she steamed to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, to decommission there on 9 June 1931.

World War II Edit

Submarines had proved to be a major weapon in World War I. As U.S. involvement in World War II approached, old submarines were taken out of mothballs and prepared to renew training activities. O-6 recommissioned at Philadelphia on 4 February 1941 and then returned to New London to train students at the Submarine School. On 19 June 1941, O-6 made a trial run to Portsmouth, New Hampshire the next day O-9 went down 15 nautical miles off Portsmouth. O-6 joined O-10, Triton, and other vessels in the search for the lost submarine, but to no avail.

Fate Edit

Remaining in the Portsmouth area, O-6 decommissioned there on 11 September 1945, was struck from the Naval Vessel Register the same day, and was sold to John J. Duane Company of Quincy on 4 September 1946. The boat was subsequently scrapped in December 1946.


شاهد الفيديو: Hulp na brande. Geskiedenis van gronddata. AgriSeker: Farm TV - 20 September 2021